See job post and apply here
Do you wake up in the morning excited about what cloud computing can do for customers of all shapes and sizes? Are you excited to be able to explain how AWS can be a great platform to build and run immersive augmented and virtual reality (AR/VR) experiences? Do you have a passion for helping customers understand how these technologies can make a big difference to their businesses? Do you have a knack for creating high quality marketing deliverables that crisply convey value propositions? Are you one of those rare technologists as comfortable working with engineering team as talking with a journalist? The Amazon Web Services Product Marketing team is hiring!
You will have the opportunity to define the strategy for how we communicate to customers about our AR/VR technologies. You will be responsible for defining our positioning and messaging to developers and technical decision makers, creating the most compelling content to help them understand the use cases and value propositions, and building the right programs to increase awareness and adoption. This role is responsible for designing and implementing marketing campaigns, programs and events that help developers become successful using AWS services. You’ll get to work on a growing business and have a big impact every day.
Here are some other qualities we are looking for:
Be great fun to work with. At Amazon Web Services, we have a credo of “Work hard. Have fun. Make history”. In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be technical and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
Enjoy communicating with customers of all shapes and sizes. You will have a passion for helping customers of all shapes and sizes, from hot start-ups to established enterprises understand how our services can help take their applications to the next level.
Have an unbridled passion for technology. We are continuing to innovate at a rapid pace. The ideal candidate will be passionate about technology and helping articulate the most complex technical concepts in simple terms that make sense to customers.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Own the development of the value propositions, core content, marketing, and go-to-market strategies for Amazon Sumerian
· Craft & develop compelling audience-specific messages and tools (solution videos, customer success stories, demos, whitepapers, presentations, how to guides etc.)
· Work with engineering teams to distill key functionality and benefits into core product marketing messages
· Build and maintain positive relationships with industry analysts
· Identify and execute on breakthrough product marketing activities that reach target audience effectively
· Own website and social media content
· Work effectively across AWS with groups such as sales, business development, recruiting, evangelists to achieve business goals
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
· 5+ years of relevant work experience in fields such as technical marketing, technical pre-sales, technology investment banking, management consulting, or product management
· A Bachelors degree in marketing, business, technology, or relevant field of study such as computer science
· Ability to easily transition from high level strategic thinking to creative and detailed execution
· Demonstrated ability to work independently and autonomously
· Superior oral and written communication skills
· The candidate must also be a strong leader and excellent communicator who can drive consensus and articulate program recommendations and tradeoffs to senior executives
· MBA and/or computer science, engineering, technology background is preferred
· 5+ years of product marketing or developer relations experience
· A bias for action for developing awesome marketing assets (product videos, web content)
· Demonstrated ability in launching and growing innovative technology products
· Demonstrated track record in crafting compelling positioning and marketing content
· A career path that demonstrates increasing levels of responsibility and a knack for driving and/or being associated with benchmark industry products/services