Department: Cinema and Television Arts
Faculty Hire Number: 18-46
Effective Date of Appointment: August 22, 2018
Rank: Assistant or Associate Professor, Full-time, Tenure-track
Salary: Dependent upon qualifications
The Department of Cinema and Television Arts has an open faculty position for a tenure-track Assistant or Associate Professor in the area of virtual/augmented reality and other emerging media technologies. We seek a skilled media artist with expertise in interactive storytelling and a record of a strong creative practice to contribute to the vision, development, and growth of the Multimedia Option.
Candidates should be active in their field, with a strong record of professional achievement. Candidates should also have an expansive and deep knowledge and proficiency in the techniques, practices, histories and theories of media art. Additional areas of expertise may include 360 video, game design production and other interactive media.
Qualifications for hiring at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor:
- Terminal degree (M.F.A. or Ph.D.) from an accredited institution required.
- Demonstrated successful teaching experience at the university or college level required.
- Hiring at the rank of Associate Professor would require the academic experience and creative achievements appropriate to that rank.
- A commitment to excellence in teaching, research and creative activity required.
- Demonstrated experience and commitment to effectively teach, work and mentor students from diverse backgrounds required.
- Evidence of a strong record of professional achievement required.
- Creative activity and expertise in one or more of the following areas are required:
- virtual/augmented reality, 360 video, interactive storytelling, and/or game design.
- Willingness to participate in the university’s commitment to obtaining research and creative activity support from federal, state, corporate, and foundation sponsored programs desired.
At time of appointment, the successful candidate, if not a U.S. citizen, must have authorization from the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services to work in the United States.
Active participation in the development and growth of the Multimedia Option. Teaching introductory and upper-level courses in the Multimedia Option. Conduct and disseminate discipline-specific research and/or creative work. Advise students, develop curriculum and participate in faculty governance. For purposes of reappointment, tenure and promotion, emphasis will be placed on teaching effectiveness, scholarly and/or creative achievement, and service to the University and community. Teaching may be assigned in a second area of expertise appropriate to the qualifications of the candidate, including courses in the General Education Curriculum.
Screening of applications will begin January 31, 2018. Priority will be given to applicants who meet the screening deadline; however, the position will remain open until filled.
Applicants should submit a letter of application, curriculum vitae, and three current letters of recommendation to the address below. In later phases of the search process, applicants may be requested to provide verification of terminal degrees, licenses and certificates, a portfolio of creative/scholarly works, and a written statement addressing how your approach to teaching includes diversity.
This institution is using Interfolio’s ByCommittee to conduct this search. Applicants to this position receive a free Dossier account and can send all application materials, including confidential letters of recommendation, free of charge to: https://apply.interfolio.com/47656