What, Why, When, Where Who / Whom are for asking questions in the pursuit of answers to understand the observation and the situation of daily living. They are the 5W or W5.
What if and Why Not are for digging deeper into the answers we first get and to probe into what is apparent and for firing up the imagination and the passion for further pursuit.
These are the elements of learning. It is true of all people and peoples and especially the very young.
The seeking and curious mind of the very young is a precious space and time that should be occupied with knowledge, experience, and imagination that set them in good stead in dealing with and overcoming the challenges of life as they grow.
The curious mind raises questions relative to
- observation of things physical, such as water, colors, forests, books musical instruments etc.
- observation of experiential situations such as reading a book, playing a musical instrument, a noisy environment, a walk in a forest, people greeting one another etc.
- observation of mention of abstract notions such as time, digits, subtraction, addition, imagination, cleanliness, attitude, bullying etc.
The child with such questions would love to pose them to someone they trust to provide them with good answers of explanation with facts and figures. Learning occurs when there is such interaction for Question and Answer in a dialogue.
But not all children have the opportunity to find themselves in places and situation for making the various observation due to various kinds of constraints which may be economic, geographical, cultural, political or a matter of space and time.
Such lack of opportunity can be sufficiently overcome with the use of apps and games that are purpose-designed to introduce the child to things physical, experiential situations and abstract notions with the application of
- computer animation graphics,
- augmented reality (AR) production,
- virtual reality (VR) production and even
- Mixed Reality (MR) production to present physical objects to portray experiential situations and to explain and to illustrate abstract notions. That is exactly what W5GO apps and games have attempted to do and so far they have proven to be rather good at it. W5GO™ is a Social Project by Ecocarrier Inc. to develop AR/VR/MRenabled apps and games that are fun, entertaining, informative and a way for learning English words and expressions by natural absorption or osmosis for preschoolers and kindergarten children. It is a part of Ecocarrier for Social Edification a category that consists of projects for developing and engendering social good. It proposes to achieve two broad objectives, namely:
- to raise the digital consciousness of the general population beginning with the very young
- to build or influence the making of a kinder, more equitable and more enlightened society
W5GO™ now consists of 16 apps (episodes) and games. A few more are in the pipeline soon to be released and a lot more are in the plan for development including a series that is to be purpose-designed to cater to children living on the autistic spectrum.